Hi Nirmal,

I think that's the approach most of the well known APIs take [1, [2], [3]:
- Document APIs by version
- If version is not given in the context request is redirected to the
latest version
- If version is specified relevant API is invoked
- Deprecate and remove old API versions according to a guideline mentioned
in the documentation

[1] https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/versions
[2] https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public
[3] https://developer.linkedin.com/apis