I would like to discuss what it would take to achieve 100% uptime for stratos
in a production environment (aiming high to reach the five nines) -  if it had
been discussed before please point me to the email thread.

The goal is to identify recommended deployment scenarios and possible
shortcomings (or readiness ) to reach  five nines.

This includes the following scenarios:
+ maintenance cycles,
+ upgrades,
+ hardware and software failures
+ scalability
+ ... ?

Generally, it seems the suggested system model to reach 100% uptime (or the
highest possible uptime) is a n way redundancy model with multiple active /
standby assignments.

I looked in the HA for 4.1,  see web link
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Providing+High+Availability+for+Stratos
 :

Stratos allows for 2 deployment models, single JVM and distributed deployment
model.

Which one will be better suited to reach the stated goal of 100% uptime / n way
redundancy model ?

According  the link (and please correct me if I am wrong), it seems that
currently the components to allow n-way redundancy are:

+ BAM (doc is not updated yet, see
https://docs.wso2.com/display/CLUSTER420/Clustering+BAM+2.5.0  ?

+ core component (Manager, Autoscaler, Cloud controller) in active/passive mode
through Linux HA
   RDBMS used for registry needs to support n-way redundancy as well

+ ActiveMq
   multiple models suggested, Zookeeper,  shared DB or shared file systems.
Which one would be recommended to achieve h-way redundancy ?

CEP seems to allow a 2 node configuration only or is there support for n-way
redundancy ?

Stratos Load Balancer, lists some caveat like session affinity not supported in
distributed environment, n-way ready ?

Any other component I have missed ?

What are the missing pieces to reach n-way redundancy (or 100% uptime) ?

Are there any other models to reach the stated goal and what would it take to
get stratos there ?

Thanks

Martin