Raj, Imesh and i had a discussion on an improvement to window size we
accumulate the stats. Currently we get 1 min window and run the execution
plan 1 min by 1 min. We can improve the sample by increasing the window to
10 mins and running it 1 min by 1 min.

I will incorporate this with the curve fitting change.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Nov 6, 2014 11:37 AM, "Imesh Gunaratne" <im...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your response Nirmal, please see my thoughts below:
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> AFAIU if it is statistics, it's all about random data, samples and
> normalization. You don't use all values to do estimations. And this is an
> estimation for gradient per say!
> >

> > True, however the random data needs to be accurate as much as possible.
> >>>

> >> Well, statistics we are calculating is for a cluster as a whole not
> member wise. Since, we autoscale a cluster.
> >

> > Yes for autoscaling a cluster the aggregated statistics should be
> calculated against the cluster. However I do not think that we can mix each
> statistic accorss members when calculating differences. Different members
> of a cluster might be running at different resource usage levels at a given
> point of time. Therefore aggregation might needed to be done at the member
> level first and then on the cluster level. WDYT?
>
> +1
>
> We need to sample stats and aggregate them on fixed intervals before
> calculating the gradients.
>
> Thanks.
>

> > --
> > Imesh Gunaratne
> >
> > Technical Lead, WSO2
> > Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahi...@wso2.com blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/