Hi Vishanth,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Vishanth Balasubramaniam <
vishan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> A remote Openstack or EC2 instance will be used as the environment for the
> setup.

Can containers be also included, at a later stage if not possible
initially? For common scenarios I think the containers would be the better
option since that can be executed in the local machines. Is it possible to
use IaaS for IaaS specific scenarios only? May be allowing a flag in the
config file?

> Build can be done from the local machine and the scripts will be available
> on the tools folder.

A configuration file will be provided to set the necessities for the script.

What will be the available options in this script? A set of expected events
in a particular order?

> Execution of the script will do the following
>
>    - Secure Copy (SCP) the Stratos Snapshot to the remote instance
>
> For not so frequent uses this would be good I guess. However for long
term, frequent testing this would not be scalable, because of bandwidth
limitations, network availability etc. I guess we can come up with a
centralized and personalized build server which will apply a given patch to
a personalized forked source and copy the artifacts to the test running
instance, which will be in the same network.

Furthermore we can allow the user to specify a set of artifacts to be
copied over to repository/components/patches and restart stratos.

>    - Start stratos
>    - Deploy the artifacts using some curl commands for cartridges and
>    groups.
>    - Results will be logged into a log file

Great to hear of starting a test automation framework. :)

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com