Great stuff!

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Dakshika Jayathilaka <daksh...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I'm planning to add topology view tree to application detail view page. We
> had suggestion thread[1] and i have came up with solution based on d3js
> which include automatic node positioning with Reingold–Tilford “tidy”
> algorithm[2].
>

> ​
>
> I have created three icons based on our requirement. (Application, Group,
> Cluster and Member). Each node on the tree will include extra information
> on hover. Also we need to finalize colors of each node depending on the
> status.
>
> Current status levels
>
> *MemberStatus* - Created, Starting, Activated, In_Maintenance,

I think we should rename "In_Maintenance" to "Maintenance",

wdyt?

> ReadyToShutDown, Suspended, Terminated
>

> *ApplicationStatus* - Created, Active, Inactive, Terminating, Terminated
>
> *ClusterStatus* - Created, Active, Patching, Inactive, Terminating,
> Terminated
>
> *GroupStatus* - Created, Active, Inactive, Terminating, Terminated
>
> Seems we need to coloring only the important status and need to show keys
> on screen.

So how the state based coloring and type based coloring(Group/ Cluster/
Member) managed?

Are we going to have set of colors for Group and a different set of colors
for Cluster etc.. ?

Thanks.

> Also Current tree is not live updating, so i'm planning to add refresh
> button to get latest status on topology.
>
> WDYT?
>
> please be kind enough to add your valuable feedback. You can check code
> demo[4] on my personal repo[3] and live screenshot attached.
>

> [1] Dashboard for the Composite Application based on status changes
> [2] http://emr.cs.iit.edu/~reingold/tidier-drawings.pdf
> [3] https://github.com/dakshika/stratos-app-editor
> [4]
> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/dakshika/stratos-app-editor/blob/master/topologyviewer.html
>

> *Dakshika Jayathilaka*
> Software Engineer
> WSO2, Inc.
> lean.enterprise.middleware
> 0771100911

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahi...@wso2.com blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/