Yes, exactly. I thought my understanding isn't correct. So, I think the
answer to Isuru's question is no, updated deployment policies aren't valid
for new applications.

Bottom line is; there's no use-case for updating deployment policy. I'll
deprecate those APIs.

And to allow updating min/max, I have to study the new code more to provide
an exact answer. May be CCied Devs have pointers?

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it could be... but I am confused now.. with the new model, when
>> exactly we do the cartridge instance creation?
>>

> Please see [1]
>
> [1]Undeployment of Application or Application Deployment Policy
>

>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isu...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com

>>> A good point! Forgot that with the current model there is one deployment
>>> policy per an application. My mistake.
>>> In this case, the updated deployment policy cannot be valid for a new
>>> application can it?

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> Nirmal Fernando.
>> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>>
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.