Hi Martin,

The above error (related to the child policy) may have occurred due to the
modification we did to change the "childId" attribute to "alias" in the
deployment policy. This was discussed in mail thread "[Discuss] The term
"ChildId" in the Deployment Policy refers to "Alias" in the Application".

I have now done a fix for the issue described in $subject. Will verify and
update soon.

Thanks

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 3:33 AM, Martin Eppel (meppel) <mep...@cisco.com>
wrote:

>  I tried to fix it by adding a check (see code snippet) which resolved
> the NPE below but caused a new one – I guess it needs more than that …
>

> Code snippet:
>
> …
>
> *if (scalingDependencies != null && !scalingDependencies.isEmpty()) {*
>
> *                       for (ScalingDependentList scalingDependentList :
> scalingDependencies) {*
>
> *                           ScalingEvent highestFactorEvent = null;*
>
> *                           for (String scalingDependentListComponent :
> scalingDependentList.*
>
> …
>

> New NPE (with fix from code snippet):
>

> *TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-12-18 21:56:50,452] ERROR
> {org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.receiver.topology.TopologyEventMessageDelegator}
> -  Failed to retrieve topology event message
> {org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.receiver.topology.TopologyEventMessageDelegator}*
>
> *java.lang.NullPointerException*
>
> *        at
> org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.pojo.policy.deployment.DeploymentPolicy.getChildPolicy(DeploymentPolicy.java:213)*
>
> *        at
> org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.context.cluster.VMClusterContext.addInstanceContext(VMClusterContext.java:129)*
>
> *        at
> org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.event.receiver.topology.AutoscalerTopologyEventReceiver$14.onEvent(AutoscalerTopologyEventReceiver.java:459)*
>
> *        at
> org.apache.stratos.messaging.listener.EventListener.update(EventListener.java:42)*

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos