Thanks Lakmal! Now SM does not have subscription/repo information, we might
need to get them from Autoscaler. Yes I think we still have not implemented
any functionality for MT cartridges. Will introduce this with the signup
process.

Thanks

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> But this is required by the multi tenants scenario also. In single tenant
> wait to get git repo info (SM will send after receiving instance start,
> IIRC) and do the clone at first time. In the MT, when we signup for the MT,
> we should send these info. IMO, we should fixed the flow, but SM should
> handle this. Even, we can pass repo info in single tenant, should not store
> password in side instances. IMO when application deployment, we should
> preserve info in SM side and make the flow work.
>
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> As it looks like we have taken this long path to send repository
>> information to the instance because we needed to send the encrypted
>> password and secret separately.
>>
>> I think we need to preserve this and fix Instance Status listener logic.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 9:52 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> This is regarding $subject. In the latest codebase git clone does not
>>> work in agent.
>>>
>>> I did some investigations on this logic and found that it has worked
>>> earlier when cartridge subscriptions were managed by Stratos Manager (SM).
>>> When an Instance Started event is received by SM, it query the
>>> subscriptions connected to the given cluster and send Artifact Updated
>>> event for each subscription.
>>>
>>> Now with service grouping, subscriptions are no longer managed by SM. As
>>> a result this flow does not work.
>>>
>>> The question is do we need to take a such a long path to execute the Git
>>> clone operation? Agent could execute it as soon after sending the Instance
>>> Started event. WDYT?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>
>>> Technical Lead, WSO2

>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2

> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos