Hi Devs,

Sometime back we had a discussion on introducing a python plugin framework
for implementing extensions for Python Cartridge Agent (PCA) in python.
However we could not take any actions on it.

Currently we have bash scripts as extensions however if we could introduce
a python extension layer in between that would make it much easier to
implement extension logic.

IMO we could wrap existing extension bashscripts with a set of python
scripts and invoke those by the agent. If a cartridge would like to write
extensions in python it could use those. If some other cartridge would
prefer to use bash that's also possible. We should be able to do this with
less effort. WDYT?

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne