Hi Devs,

As you may already know we implemented our own Kubernetes API client in
Stratos and it is currently using v1beta1 API version. According to
Kubernetes blog, v1beta1 and v1beta2 APIs have been deprecated and will be
removed at the end of June 2015 [1].

In addition Stratos Kubernetes API client does not include any
authentication features. As a result currently it is not possible to talk
to Kubernetes clusters deployed in Google Cloud which require some means of
authentication (OAuth, API keys, etc).

I did some analysis on the available Kubernetes Java API clients and found
that RedHat has implemented a Kubernetes Java API client [2] for Fabric8
[3]. Kubernetes also has listed it on the API client libraries page [4] and
it is licensed under Apache 2.

I implemented a sample client application using above API client and
currently evaluating the features required by Stratos. It has support for
the latest API version v1beta3 and provides authentication features.

IMO it would be wise for us to use a such a library without maintaining our
own. Please share your thoughts on this.

[1] http://blog.kubernetes.io/2015/04/introducing-kubernetes-v1beta3.html
[2]
https://github.com/fabric8io/fabric8/tree/master/components/kubernetes-api
[3] http://fabric8.io/