Hi Swapnil,

Thanks for the details, yes may be we can go ahead and add the Instance Id
to the Member definition in the messaging component Topology. We will also
need to add it to the load balancer Topology (load balancer has a separate
structure).

Please note that Autoscaler also use the term "Instance Id" to refer
Application Instances, Group Instances & Cluster Instances. May be we need
to clearly document this.

Thanks

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Swapnil Patil <swapnil.r...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Imesh,
>
> Yes we can do that. But it doesn't reduce the time taken by the method
> call. It is more or less same as when filters are used.
>
> I was wondering if Asanka also needs instance id for GCE load balancer
> support and how he is doing it? Whether he can also use some mechanism like
> this or he does need to expose instance id through topology?
>
> If he needs to expose instance id through topology then I think we should
> also use instance id from topology instead of this API call.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Swapnil
>
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 2:26 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Swapnil,
>>
>> May be we can do a instance query without any filters and then find the
>> required instances that match the IP addresses locally.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Swapnil Patil <swapnil.r...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Just one concern here.
>>>
>>> I measured the time required for this method call. It is around 3
>>> seconds. And this is just for one instance. In the production when we have
>>> numerous instances, we can use batching to reduce total time but still the
>>> time taken will be above 3 seconds.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>> Swapnil

>> --