Hi,

I've bumped up jclouds version to 1.9.1. While testing with new version I
found out that jclouds google-compute-engine provider has been changed to
some extent so had to do some code changes to make the gce IaaS work with
jclouds newer version. Also I removed vcloud, openstack and
google-compute-engine forks that we maintained in Stratos since those are
no longer needed. The only jclouds forked dependency is aws-ec2 which I
plan to send upstream.

I did some refactoring for Stratos dependency pom structure as well. All
dependencies now export the original project's OSGi version but has
org.apache.stratos group id. Forked dependency artifacts have the original
project's version except for the Carbon UI component which had to be
changed to org.wso2.carbon.ui-stratosv1 to avoid conflicts with original
artifact.

Thanks.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 11:15 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <
> raviha...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to propose that we upgrade to jclouds 1.9.1 [1] in our next
>> release. The new jclouds release provides support for d2, m4 and t2
>> instance types for EC2. Also many improvements to GCE and DigitalOcean v2
>> provider.
>>
>> +1
>

>> We have currently forked 4 jclouds modules in Stratos; apis/gce,
>> apis/openstack-neutron, apis/vcloud, provider/aws-ec2. I ran a diff against
>> these modules and we can safely get rid of apis/gce, apis/openstack-neutron
>> forked modules.
>>
>> Regarding apis/vcloud fork, since jclouds dropped support for vcloud it
>> does not ship this with 1.9.1. It's not easy for us to maintain this vcloud
>> fork ourselves. What are your thoughts?
>>
>> Yes we will need to drop this.
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne