On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <gay...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> This file content is as below.
>>

>> *autoscaler.service.url=https://localhost:9443/services/AutoscalerService/
>> <https://localhost:9443/services/AutoscalerService/>cloud.controller.service.url=https://localhost:9443/services/CloudControllerService/
>> <https://localhost:9443/services/CloudControllerService/>stratos.manager.service.url=https://localhost:9443/services/StratosManagerService/
>> <https://localhost:9443/services/StratosManagerService/>das.metering.dashboard.url=https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/metering-dashboard
>> <https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/metering-dashboard>das.monitoring.dashboard.url=https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/monitoring-dashboard
>> <https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/monitoring-dashboard>puppet.ip=127.0.0.1puppet.hostname=puppet.stratos.apache.org
>> <http://puppet.stratos.apache.org>puppet.dns.available=falsepuppet.environment=stratos*
>>
>> CartridgeConfigFileReader class (part of SM component) reads this file
>> and set these properties as system variables and these system variables are
>> used by other components like AS (to communicate with CC).
>>
>> This approach have several issues.
>>
>> a) Since the component's start up order is CC > AS > SM, there is no
>> guarantee that these properties will be set before other components start.
>> b) In distributed deployment, these properties will not be set in AS JVM.
>> c) This file contains information which are used by other components, not
>> only cartridges. So this file name is misleading.
>>
>> IMO, we need to fix it for 4.1.5 release. Without fixing this, I can't
>> fix the issue discussed in [1]. I am getting error [2].
>>
>> There can be several way to fix this; some of them are.
>>
>> A) We can remove following properties from cartridge-config.properties
>> file and set them as system properties in stratos.sh scripts.
>>

>> *autoscaler.service.url=https://localhost:9443/services/AutoscalerService/
>> <https://localhost:9443/services/AutoscalerService/>cloud.controller.service.url=https://localhost:9443/services/CloudControllerService/
>> <https://localhost:9443/services/CloudControllerService/>stratos.manager.service.url=https://localhost:9443/services/StratosManagerService/
>> <https://localhost:9443/services/StratosManagerService/>das.metering.dashboard.url=https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/metering-dashboard
>> <https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/metering-dashboard>das.monitoring.dashboard.url=https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/monitoring-dashboard
>> <https://localhost:9444/portal/dashboards/monitoring-dashboard>*

+1 to move *das.metering.dashboard.url and
**das.monitoring.dashboard.url *properties
to stratos.sh.
Because I also had an issue in reading this properties at webapp
initialization as webapp initialized before SM gets activated and at the
time of webapp initialization these properties are not exported as system
properties and can't read them using jaggery 'process' module.
So I loaded cartridge-config.properties file using jaggery 'carbon' module
and read these two param at webapp initialization as in here[1].

[1].
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/stratos-4.1.x/components/org.apache.stratos.manager.console/console/app.js#L48

--
Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran