This is a short summary on Thread Pools used by Stratos atm:

IdClassUsageConfigurable?Default Sizemonitor.thread.poolApplicationMonitor
ClusterMonitor
GroupMonitormonitoring tasks (Cluster, Application and Group)
Yes100autoscaler.thread.poolAutoscalerServiceComponentany general
autoscaler controller related work
(currently used for coordinator election and
Application monitor adder)Yes10cloud.controller.thread.pool
CloudControllerServiceComponentany general cloud controller related work
(currently used for coordinator election)Yes10
cloud.controller.instance.manager.threadCloudControllerServiceImplinstance
creation
instance
terminationYes50cloud.controller.stats.publisher.thread.poolDASMemberInformationPublisher,

DASMemberStatusPublisherinformation publishing to Monitoring Server
No10autoscaler.stats.publisher.thread.poolDASScalingDecisionPublisherinformation
publishing to Monitoring ServerNo10load.balancer.thread.pool
LoadBalancerStatisticsExecutorLB statistics publishingNo20
stratos-event-receiver-poolStratosEventReceiverevent receiving in messaging
component
Yes25stratos.manager.thread.poolStratosManagerServiceComponentany general
SM related work
(currently used for coordinator election)Yes10
The default thread counts are fine for basic scenarios. However, need to
configure the thread counts in cases where a large number of applications
are deployed and used.

Here, cloud.controller.stats.publisher.thread.pool,
autoscaler.stats.publisher.thread.pool and load.balancer.thread.pool is
currently not configurable. Since the usage of threads in these pools will
change with the number of Members in the Topology, IMHO we need to make
them configurable. @Thanjua: WDYT?