From: Michael Rasmussen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 9:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: struts-faces nightlies

Actually the error I was seeing turned out to be "You are stupid" flashing
on the screen.  I was missing a jar file.

I made some changes to the code on my box and got some interesting results.

First I changed the BaseTag.java code to reference BaseRenderer instead of
this code

    public String getRendererType() {

        return ("org.apache.struts.faces.Base");

    }

Seemed logical.  This fixed the initial error, but caused some exceptions in

the jsf-impl code I think.  in UIComponent.  This seemed to stem from its
attempts to call a method in BaseRenderer that maybe didn't exist.  I didn't

really ahve time to investigate.  The code I worked on is on my box at home,

so I can't send you a patch...but if you want ot work on it I would suggest
ensuring that all of the getRenderType methods in the
org.apache.struts.faces.taglib classes point to the correct renderer type.
I imagine this is the source of many of the problems.
Of note...
I also get this error messgae with several pages in struts-faces 0.4 (with
many of the actions)

WARNING: Unable to determine FaceServlet mapping for servlet path
'/editRegistration.do'

I thought that the FacesRequestProcessor was supposed to route all
navigation requests back to struts?

Michael