Niall Pemberton wrote:
Vic,

Are you thinking this would this be a good idea to manage the "Struts API
Bean" thats being talked about?

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.devel/23601

Exactly! Not sure what version. Just expose it for now.

... or did you have other ideas where it could be put to work?

Maybe in some version we can configure things in there. While in produciton reload Struts, Validation, comands, configure view capabilities.

I do have now a design that exposes my DAO to JMX. Main part:
public class MonitorSrv extends HttpServlet {

        public void init() { // load on start up

                HtmlAdaptorServer srv = new HtmlAdaptorServer(8082);
                // this is part of Sun RI + port

                BaseJmx jmx = BaseJmx.getInstance();
                // this is just a MBean server based on RI
                //I used instead of modeler Reigster object

                try {

                        jmx.register(srv);

                } catch (Exception e) {

                        . . .
                }

                srv.start();

        }

So if you just surf to localhost:8082 you get a JMX console, getters/setters

Once this jmx is out there, users can register their own stuff.

What I do not like ... is more than one way to configure. So I say... digester at load time and jmx at run time.

.V

Niall

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Germuska" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>