James,

Nice to see another Struts name I recognize!

Until recently I was not using the lib/optional/struts.jar.  I was
using Struts 1.2 jar and I was able to build without a problem.

Actually I am going to ammend that statement.  I think I was building
against whatever Ant was using (which is whatever is in CVS which is
1.1 according to Michael.)  But for a while I was *running* against
the latest Struts 1.2 jar in my JBuilder classpath when debugging
stuff.  So perhaps it can run against any version of the jar?  Or
maybe I just didn't hit any Struts functionality.

Maybe that helps?  (MTH? is that a new abbreivation?)

sean