There are some links on the RoadMap pages for the likely Bugzilla queries.

* http://struts.apache.org/roadmap.html

The vast majority of the tickets are enhancement requests. A good
number of these might be already implemented and could be closed as
redundant.. The others might be organized into some kind of wish list
on the wiki, and then closed. There's a wiki page started along those
lines at

* http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsIdeaJar

The tickets that should receive the most attention are the

* Problem tickets with patches, and then the
* Problem tickets.

We have been resolving all of the problem tickets regularly, and so
most of these should be relatively recent.

The tickets with patches could be reviewed and tested. If the
description seems sound, and if the patches applies, a "works for me"
comment can be added to the ticket, and perhaps we could change the
status to verified. If the patch doesn't work, we could ping the
submitter. If there is not a reply in 72 hours (our standard
increment), and there is no clear way to resolve the issue, then we
might close it for lack of a working patch.

If there is a problem ticket without a patch, and there is no clear
resolution, we have been know to close problem tickets for lack of a
patch. We might setup a "known issues" page, and refer to those
(closed) tickets there. We could draft a page like that on the wiki,
and then move it to the website when ready, so that people don't add
new issues to the wiki instead of bugzilla.

Since this is an open source project, I personally don't feel it's our
job to fix every problem. However, I do feel we should solicit and
apply patches from the community, and record any known issues that we
don't know how to fix. For very old issues, it might be reasonable
that we move them to another area, like the website, just to keep
bugzilla from bloating.

As a rule, we shouldn't mark something WON'T FIX unless there is a
specific reason why we aren't going to address the issue. For example,
adding functionality to the original Struts Taglibs outside the scope
of the HTML specification.

Personally, I'm not keen on bulk-closing the enhancement tickets
without review. But, if we did, six months is way too brief around
here. It would have to be more like eighteen months.

-Ted.,