http://www.springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/web/struts/DelegatingRequestProcessor.html#processActionCreate(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,%20javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse,%20org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping)

> for one example.  No code online, but you can get it
> out of CVS...
>
> Spring produces a new Action instance for each
> request, where it
> finds one in the ActionContext with the correct
> name; in other cases
> it defers to the default implementation.

Hi Joe,
action is really not a problem  Nanowar does pretty
the same with them - try to obtain action registered
in 3-tier hierarchy if available, if not fallback to
transient container which pulls dependencies from
hierarchy.

It allows really funny things - action registered at
request level would be the same instance in
subrequests / servlet includes.

several requests could share action instance if
registered at session level.

Or everybody shares the same action is registered in
application scope.

There are sometimes weird usecases which profit from
such possibilities.

My problem is creation of tile controllers - it's not
so easy to plug in in that subsystem. Configuration
and instantiation are too tightly coupled.  ( and
configurable singletons...  )

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Plugins for xdoclet-2 are released. check it out at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins/