On 5/25/05, jeff ort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am noticing that the Ant build scripts reference an optional jdbc20ext.jar
> file, but the Maven build process does not.  I was wondering if there was a
> reason why this was not used in the Maven build process?

The most likely explanation is that this library was required back in
Struts 1.1 days when (a) Struts included a JDBC DataSource
implementation, and (b) the JDKs of the time didn't include this API,
so you had to load it separately.  Neither is true any longer, so
there is no reason for the Maven build scripts to reference this JAR.

Craig