On 8/8/05, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How is Maven with deploying to Tomcat?  I've always found that part of
> Ant to be a bit cumbersome.  If cactus is much easier, it sounds like
> your Tomcat experience in general is much easier.  Is that true?  What
> about support for other app servers?

Yes, that's what I mean. If I recall correctly, all I had to do was
add a property to the project.properties file, telling Maven where
Tomcat lives, and that was it. There are different properties for
different versions of Tomcat, so you can have the tests run on
multiple versions just by setting the appropriate properties.

Last time I checked, Maven had built-in support for running Cactus
tests on Tomcat, Resin, JBoss, Orion and WebLogic. I've only tried
Tomcat myself.

--
Martin Cooper