Le 05-08-16 à 08:33, Gary VanMatre a écrit :

Is nowhere near compelling enough to introduce a new tag. And the
benefits
of introducing yet another XML configuration file that encapsulates the
validation specifics of individual fields is dubious at best.
Personally, I like
being able to see exactly what the validation entails without having
to go
pawing through a config file, but I know not everyone has that
preference.

david

Clay would work very well to spice up the view. As for the XML configuration:

<component jsfid="commonsValidator" componentType="org.apache.shale.ValidatorScript"/>

<component jsfid="firstNameRegExp" extends="commonsValidator" >
  <attributes>
    <set name="arg" value="#{msg.firstName}"/>
    <set name="server" value="true">
    <set name="client" value="true">
    <set name="type" value="mask">
    <set name="mask" value="#{regex.firstName}">
  </attributes>
</component>

And, the JSP:

<clay:clay id="regexValidator" jsfid="firstNameRegExp"/>

Hot dog, you're right, Gary! Using Clay to do this hadn't even occurred to me. Thanks
for (once again) opening my eyes.

Clay rocks! 8-}

david

Gary