To: "Struts Developers List" <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Thoughts on Checkstyle stuff

Sorry James, I missed this email as apparently Thunderbird thought it was junk :) I'm willing to take the time to apply this patch if you have no objection. While I'd like to think 1.3.0 is days away, past experience has shown "don't hold your breath". My first concern looking at the patch was converting from unix to dos style endlines, however, if some are one style and others another, it would at least be valuable to be consistent.

The other concern is these changes might screw up existing patches that need to be applied, so perhaps we should save this patch until the last major bugs have been fixed. What do you think?

Don

James Mitchell wrote:
I saw the tread, but I haven't followed that discussion. I would rather wait till after 1.3.0 is out there. If you can wait till things settle down, I'd be happy to apply your fixes then. After all, the activity may make your patches out of date and we would need to do it ourselves or ask for help again.

Ping me again after 1.3.0 is out and remind me to get on this. Thanks man.

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance