On 8/25/05, David Geary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Le 05-08-25 à 10:53, Craig McClanahan a écrit :

> Abstracting out the servlet API will break controllers because we're
> passing HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse, and ServletContext
> to the controller's perform and execute methods. Would we change
> those method signatures to take an external context instead?

Ideally, yes ... but note that changing the package name breaks
existing uses of Controller as well.  It would seem reasonable for the
Struts integration layer to keep a copy of the old Controller
interface (under the old package name), so people could continue to
run -- but when the developer switches to the standalone Tiles version
of Controller they would have to migrate to the external context
thing.

If that's too harsh, we could probably have old-style and new-style
versions of Controller in standalone Tiles (so that the framework
would no which one to call), with the limitation that old-style
controllers would not work in portlets.

> david

Craig