On 8/30/05, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is also a call to create view in WebFlowNavigationStrategy. I
> don't know anything about that so I'm not going to attempt a patch but
> it should probably be fixed to set the view Id as well.

That is the same issue ... will fix it there too.

Craig, is there a bug in the RI then? I don't understand how your
> stuff would work against the RI if the RI was compliant in this
> regard.

We could nit-pick over semantics all day ... just for example, the spec
phrase you quoted says "it is the caller's responsibility to ensure that
setViewId() is called on the returned view, passing the same viewId value."
The RI in fact *does* that (see NavigationHandlerImpl, for example) ... it's
just that it goes beyond that to preset the viewId property *inside*
createView() as well -- a behavior that is not specified, but is not
prohibited either. That being said, it is an issue that should definitely be
pointed out to the RI team ... I suspect it was just leftover code from
before we added the "it's the caller's responsibility" part of the spec
language.

At any rate, Shale now doesn't care whether the implementation's
createView() sets the property or not, and it now fulfills its
responsibility in a DialogHandler implementation to do the set call itself,
thanks to your patches.

sean

Craig