Very interesting.  Do you have any examples/tutorials of this anywhere
accessible?

Don

Ted Husted wrote:
(Mouse slipped)

On 8/31/05, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We also do things like create base data-access commands that know how to run iBATIS
-Ted.

We also do things like create base data-access commands that know how to run iBATIS queries. If a data-access command object has a name like "facility_select", it turns around and looks for a iBAITS query by the same name, and runs it, and drops the result into the context. We find that with a little dependency injection, you can get *a lot* of work out of base command objects.

Instead of having a data-access layer and a businessrules layer, we end up with something more like "zones". Some commands access data, other commands apply rules, but we can mix and match the command in the same chain as needed. Access some data, apply some rules, access a little more data ...