On 11/14/05, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

> > Session scope makes sense (versus request), obviously, because the
> > individual asynchronous requests will all be different. Whether it makes
> > more sense than application scope is pretty much requirements dependent, but
> > in genera makes sense only if the list is actually different for different
> > users.
>
> I also thought maybe dialog scope would be the way to go here.  I
> could bind to the inputSuggestAjax choices to
> "#{dialog.data.selectItems}.  If I turned FooBacker into a
> ViewController I could make sure that the selectItems value was
> populated.

<snap/>

Sounds good, since that is what I believe "data" was designed for,
plus dialog scope is potentially narrower than session scope, and
might fit your needs well, especially if the dialog is re-entrant.

> This way it sticks around for the life of the dialog.  So if you go
> back to the dialog step where the list is needed you don't have to
> repopulate it from scratch.  (My earlier idea was to dump as you
> transition to the next state.)

<snip/>

You mentioned the action method in your previous email, I presume you
were refering to the DialogNavigationHandler's action method? That
would potentially tie behavior specific to this dialog (clearing some
backing bean) to the generic dialog processing, which would make that
approach far less desirable.

-Rahul