We probably wouldn't want to do this nightly.

It's a good idea at least to give it a once over by hand and make sure everything was built correctly....especially if there are doc changes that might cripple the site output.

If we wanted to automate this, we should at least provide ourselves a time buffer to react to anything really bad.

I suppose we could setup a weekly deployment from a staging site:

(weekly)
svn        staging          live
---        -------          ----
+---maven-->|               |

The process could send an email to the dev list that:
- a successful site was deployed
- a new site was deployed to staging that will go live in 7 days

(or something like that)

Your thoughts?

--
James Mitchell