Time to catch up with my Struts emails ... I haven't looked at Shale
Tiger yet so I can't comment on that part.

As for the dialogs, I prefer XML configuration similar to what we
already have.  Our dialogs are pretty complicated and its hard to
imagine the more sophisticated aspects of Shale dialogs (like
subdialog and conditional forwarding) working without something as
"complicated" as we have now with XML.

As for managed beans, that's a different story.  I definitely think
its a PITA to configure your managed beans in XML.  Maybe there's a
possible Shale feature that allows you to use naming conventions to
instatiate your managed beans (and view controllers for that matter.)

Sean