To: "Struts Developers List" <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] WebWork 2 Incubator Proposal

Yep, looks good to me. Upon confirmation from a WebWork guy, let's do an official vote and move it along.

Don

Martin Cooper wrote:

On 1/21/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've drafted the first cut on a WebWork 2 Incubator proposal.  There are
a couple areas I was not sure what to put (in bold) and several areas
where the WebWork folks will need to fill in.

I just made some revisions, re-organising a bit, adding in some missing
bits, etc. I found a Toby Hede involved with WebWork, and put his name in
place of tm_jee, but now that I think about it, that may be a different
Toby... Patrick or Jason, can you help here?

It would be good if someone (Don?) could re-read and make sure I'm not lying
anywhere. ;-)

As I understand it, once the Struts PMC approves this proposal, we can

submit it to the Incubator PMC for acceptance.  If accepted, we will get
a space in the Incubator to import the WebWork 2 code and begin the
incubation process.  This process might take several months, however,
that should be ok, because we'll need to remove LGPL dependencies and
that will take some time regardless.

Yep.

Martin and Ted, I have you both down as co-Champions, but only to help

move the proposal through smoothly.  I'm prepared to take on any/all
incubator responsibilities.  Of course feel free to remove yourselves if
you'd rather not do it.

I split this out into a Champion (Don!) and Mentors (Don, Ted, me). There
only needs to be one champion, but more mentors is a good thing.

--
Martin Cooper

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/WebWork2Incubator