Once Struts Action 2.0 is stable, yes, I'd recommend it for new development. Even now, I'd recommend WebWork 2.2.1 for new development since migration to Action 2 will be trivial.

Still, I see Action 1.3 living a long, full life even with its older sibling taking the spotlight. Heck, look at how WebWork 1 is still going strong and it has a small fraction of the user base Struts Action 1 has. I see many more GA releases to come from the Action 1 branch.

Don

Michael Jouravlev wrote:
Can I rephrase the above as: "1.3 is a bugfix + some internal surgery
release for legacy Struts apps in case you want to perform a mild
refactoring on them"? Can I also assume that you recommend using
WebWork / 2.0 for new projects? What is your outlook on future of 1.3
branch after it released as GA?