On 3/4/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/3/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From what I can see Shale currently only has one wiki page:
> >
> >   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsShale
> >
> > Does anyone object if I break this page up and create more of a structure on
> > the wiki for Shale. I think it would be good if all the shale pages were
> > under
> >
> >   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/shale
> >
> > and maybe create pages along the following lines:
> >
> >   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/shale/proposal
> >   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/shale/articles
> >   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/shale/roadmap
> >   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/shale/faq
> >   etc...
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Perhaps use WikiNames (instead of wikinames)? When the subpage title
> is a single word, it doesn't help much, but otherwise, that is one of
> the basic premises of wikis (WikiNames become hyperlinks!)
>
> That way when you get to longer URLs, such as (may get fragmented) ...
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-taglibs/ReusableDialogComponents/Tutorials/IntegrateWithXHTML
>
> ... the consistency of using WikiNames may help.

Thanks for the comments Rahul. So maybe prefixing everything with
"Shale" rather than "shale/" would be a better idea i.e.
"ShaleArticles" rather than "shale/articles" - although the "/" makes
it looks like its organised in a typicall web hierarchy - I believe in
the case of the wiki it just means theres a "/" in the page name?

Niall