Gabe wrote:
I agree with Don and Paul. The webwork as dear to us as it may be should be
excised.

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 3:55:50 PM
Subject: Re: WebWork renaming strategy *revised*

I am +1 with Don. If this community wants the name webwork,

A package name, in particular, at the third or fourth level of a package hierarchy, is not a product's name. At least not necessarily. (It could be by coincidence.) It's just a package name.

So all of this is based on a first-rate logical fallacy.

Jonathan Revusky

 then I believe this
incubation shouldn't become Struts 2.0 -- because names are well-established out there and it's awkward to say it's Struts although the packages are webwork;
you might as well just make it Apache WebWork and allow Action 2.0 to come from
another source base... but I don't think anyone wants to seriously do that ;)
The ball is rolling, so I recommend to "excise" the name WW from the product (in favor of "action2") unless you want to call it WW 2.3. -- Paul