Well what I've been toying with is two things the first isn't directly
related but might be of interest.

At the SpringExperience there were some discussions about integrating
SpringWebflow into webwork and I started playing with some code. What I
ended up with was a weird WebFlowAction that could (semi) invoke a webflow.
It was far form perfect and I eventually lost interest. A week or so ago I
took the same idea and started writing a StrutsAction Action. Basically the
action just invokes the execute method of the struts action using
ServletActionContext.getResponse() and ServletActionContext.getRequest() to
supply the necessary parameters. There is a getActionForward() method for
getting the Struts Action result and the return is hardcoded to "SUCCESS".
I don't know how valid this is but I've been able to execute some synthetic
tests with positive results. The next bit I was planning on trying was using
reflection to invoke all the getter methods on the Struts Action and then
manually pushing them onto the stack. My reasoning for doing all of this was
to provide a way to invoke StrutsActions within an unmodified WebWork 2.2.

Now back to what you really asked for, any pojo is an action, why not just
write a custom dispatcher for invoking legacy Struts Actions and maybe
create a new execute method such as...

Public String execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form)

I probably should just start coding some of this up for people to look at as
I communicate much better that way. After rereading the email I don't think
I've clarified anything. But hey I'll send it anyway and try to get on the
WebWork chat server later to try to explain it a bit more logically.

- Eric