On 4/9/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Using
> EL, on the other hand, I personally don't see as a great benefit.  The
> new unified EL lacks many of the key features that makes EL and OGNL in
> particular, so attractive.  For example, OGNL supports method
> invocation, type conversion, and projection, features, AFAICT, aren't
> supported by EL and won't ever be.

I see an advantage of unified EL in creating proper names for HTML
input elements and automatic propagation if input data to backing
beans. Basically, this is kind of Struts HTML tags + beanutils +
proper type conversion or WebWork tags + OGNL. Doing it JSF way is
more unified, instead of having different Struts 1, Struts 2 or
Stripes way. This feature is not planned for JSP 2.1, but I think it
can be implemented. Sun pushes JSF and implements new features in JSF
only.

Michael.