On 4/12/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm starting to look into replacing the LGPL Javascript components with
> ones provided by Dojo, a toolkit we are already
> using.  Dojo already has the following widgets:
>
>   - date picker -
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_DatePicker.html
>   - tooltip -
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Tooltip.html
>   - rich text editor -
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Editor.html
>
> My question is how should we handle the Dojo imports?  Currently Dojo is
> only imported in the header of the ajax theme.
>   I propose we import dojo.js in the header of the simple theme (which is
> imported by the other themes), leaving each
> component to do the dojo.require() call to ensure their widget is
> available.

This makes sense to me.

However, I think we should change the current strategy on the Dojo profile
that's bundled by default. It looks like the kitchen sink profile is what's
bundled today. It would make more sense, IMHO, to bundle the minimal profile
(or at least somewhat more minimal than kitchen sink) by default, and to
provide the kitchen sink as an option and / or provide instructions on how
to construct a custom profile (which is really easy). I'm certainly willing
to help out here.

--
Martin Cooper