On Apr 21, 2006, at 7:56 AM, Ted Husted wrote:

IMHO, once Standalone Tiles is ready for a release, we should migrate
the component to a top-level ASF project. When we started this
process, the original intent was to decompose Tiles here, test it in
Action and Shale, and then move it out when it was ready to stand on
its own.

I agree with your points about Tiles not being an application framework, etc. My only concern about making it a TLP is developer support. Granted, this could be an issue no matter where Tiles lives. But there are not throngs of people jumping in to help with the refactoring efforts. I wonder if there are enough people interested in developing Tiles to support its own TLP.

Greg