On 4/21/06, Greg Reddin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2006, at 12:03 PM, Don Brown wrote:
>
> > The lack of developer support is worrisome, though, regardless what
> > we do with it.
>
> I think there's a lot of impression that Tiles is "done."  From what
> I can tell it pretty much fulfills 80% of the use cases and there are
> workarounds for others.  Most of the innovations I can think of
> overlap with the portlet or JSF spaces enough that I'm not sure if
> they are worth doing.  When we started refactoring it I questioned
> whether it was really a worthwhile effort or if it would have a
> limited lifespan.  I still question that at every step along the
> way :-)  Should we just make the bare minimum changes to get Tiles
> out of the sandbox or is it worth it to do major surgery?

I agree that it's really mostly "done". (I'm not sure what other people
meant by a +1 to an either / or question, but I suspect they mean they agree
it's "done" too.;)

Whether it's worth major surgery is really a question of whether there are
people who have the itch to perform that surgery. If there are, that's
great. If not, I think it's just fine to do only what's necessary to get a
standlone version out into the wild.

--
Martin Cooper

There are a few other technologies I want to spend time looking at