On 4/23/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Agreed.  Would it be possible to do this by JavaOne?  Moving Tiles isn't
> a huge deal, but it would make the new directions of Struts easier to
> explain to users.

Hmm, JavaOne is only 3 weeks away...

There are two things that would need to happen:

1) Get Standalone Tiles really standalone, so that there are no dependencies
on other Struts code. Maybe that's happened already - I've kinda lost track.

2) Get Jakarta Web Components bootstrapped. Actually, I think moving Tiles
there might be just the kickstart that will get that subproject off the
ground, because it would sidestep all the Commons navel-gazing that has
effectively blocked its creation so far.

I know Hen is on this list. Hen, any thoughts here before I propose this on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Martin Cooper

Don