Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Struts Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by GabrielZimmerman:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/RoughSpots

    1. Remove OGNL Map attributes (and List/Set to be consistent) such as size,
isEmpty, iterator. These can be accessed by size(), empty, and iterator()
respectively and the way it works now you can never have myMap['size'] because
it will just get the size not the value of the map with key 'size'.
    1. Allow indexable parameters similar to how it works in struts (with
indexed="true") but being able to take advantage of XWork's advanced type
conversion features. See: [https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1189].
This is unfortunately not trivial at all.
    1. Get rid of the use of static constant variables that are used in the key
in the stack and accessed all over the place like
XWorkNullHandler.CREATE_NULL_OBJECTS etc. I've started to do that with the
OgnlContextState class, but it's not complete and I'm not sure if that's the
best way to do it.
+   1. Specify and simplify Interceptor scope. Currently, you have an
Interceptor that calls actionInvocation.invoke() and then returns a different
result than actionInvocation.invoke() returns, the actionInvocation.invoke()
result will be used anyway. This is confusing and muddies the meaning of the
Interceptor API, which IMHO should simply wrap the action not the action all
the way through to the end of the result. The reason it's set up the way it is,
as I understand it, is so that Interceptors can clean up resources like
connections after the result is returned. However, I wonder if we can implement
a request based object that can take care of such resources and destroy them at
the end of the request rather than using Interceptors in this way.

  == Tim's Issues ==