People do not do "work" around here because it is not rewarded.  The
people who are rewarded are political.  Then they do the work and the
work looks like coding by politicians.  I can remember going into the
file upload section and seeing one of the worst messes I have ever
seen in an open source project.  There are hanging references and
other monstrosities that I had only seen community college class
assignments prior to looking at Struts code.  I could not even discuss
the code much less have any hope of helping, because the committers
use this for their work and are not amenable to good code but rather
to code that advances their careers.

If you think that Jonathan or I have nothing to contribute, you are
sadly mistaken.  We are quite aware of the nature of this beast.  You
really need to pay attention to what is going on.  There is nothing
like a meritocracy around here.  How do you think that Struts 1.x
managed to become a plate of spaghetti after such a fine start?

Mertiocracy does not mean just work, by the way.  It means work with
merit.  This not sold as a "docracy" or "actcracy".  Get a clue.

<snip>
On 4/27/06, Daniel Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The only principle I see is the principle of incumbency or tenure.
>
> That's a problem with your vision.  There are plenty of reasons:
>
> 1) it's more about doing the work than doing the work "better".
> 2) SAF 2/WebWork is still in incubation.  It's not even actually part
> of Struts yet.
> 3) The Struts PMC currently oversees Shale, Tiles, and SAF 1.  WebWork
> is not the only project here.
</snip>
~Dakota Jack~