Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Struts Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by Phil:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/RoughSpots

      * [jcarreira] If we agree that supporting file uploads out of the box is
important, then this is just a nice feature for that support to let the user
know how much of the file has been uploaded, etc.

    1. Better error checking for UI tags. The freemarker error message, while
great for freemarker users, look like gibberish. People should not be forced to
learn freemarker. So in such cases, the tags themselves should check the
parameters and report back sane messages, even if that check is duplicated in
the templates
+      [phil] This is, depending on what you want, fairly easy to really
complicated. You can easily register a new FreemarkerExceptionHandler in
components.template.FreemarkerTemplateEngine to limit the stacktraces. But it
will still be gibberish if you don't know what happens (eg. " Error on line 43,
column 13 in template/simple/select.ftl -
stack.findString(parameters.listValue) is undefined. It cannot be assigned to
itemValue]" -> that hardly tells you you specified a non-existant method for
listValue in your select box). Solution: we should do more checking in the
components instead before rendering.

    1. Defaults should be JSP all the way. People know it and like it, despite
all the limitations. Allow for other view technologies, but don't force people
to learn stuff they don't want to. Learning ww is enough of a pain as it is
       [tm_jee] Hmm... are you suggesting that we should support JSP template
as well? WebWork currently does support JSP view, just theat there's no
theme/templates written in JSP due to JSP not being able to be packaged and
displayed from a jar file in the classpath.