On 4/28/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That makes sense, especially since we don't have an RC quality option.
I wonder if we should add it, because there should be a way to indicate
the code is pretty complete, stable, and free of major bugs, but at the
same time, it isn't GA and is missing key ingredients like documentation
and minor bug fixings.

Again, to me, a "Release Candidate" is a distribution that we think we
could vote onto GA without change, if wider testing does not uncover
any "showstoppers". It's a candidate for a GA release.

Sure, the binary might be "code complete" and "production ready" (or
not I haven't sorted through the thirty open issues), but that doesn't
make the distribution "ready for prime time".

Of course, the binaries in our builds are usually production ready.
Many people have been using the nightly build in production for six
months or a year. The difference between a build and release is that
we've included all the other "key ingredients" we need to turn an
entree into a meal. :)