Leon Rosenberg wrote:
On 5/5/06, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/4/06, Michael Jouravlev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ValidationAware, ErrrorAware, RequestAware, ResponseAware,
> SomeOtherStuffAware... Are you kidding? I might not understand
> something (heck, I haven't started with WW yet), but if all these
> interfaces are only meant to implement a callback method in a custom
> class for the framework to call, then... well, I do not like this.

All the interfaces are optional. So long as your "action" object has a
signature that returns a string, it doesn't have to implement anything
at all, not even "Action".

And how does the controller (or whatever) "find" this method?
reflection? Is this thought to become cached? I mean reflection isn't
the fastest, is it?

The beautify of having the Action implement an interface is you don't have to use reflection. The interceptor gets the Action object, then does a simple instanceof check to see how to handle it.

Don

Besides, I find the *Aware interfaces pretty cool.

regards
Leon