So on the plane home I was able to get some work done. Well, first I had to set
up lots of libraries for the extras and showcase modules, since maven didn't
set them up, but then I got some work done. (BTW, can we get that fixed, along
with the problems downloading libraries?)

So anyway, I did a lot of refactoring to make the ConfigurationManager in XWork
not use statics, and just have a static reference to a ConfigurationManager in
another class that should be easier to refactor later. I also, in the process,
started making XWork and the uses of it use 1.5 features, especially generics
and the enhanced for loop. It all builds and the tests pass in IDEA.

Unfortunately, when building with Maven, I get this (among many errors):

C:\dev\projects\saf\action\..\xwork\src\java\com\opensymphony\xwork\config\ConfigurationManager.java:[127,48]
 for-each l
oops are not supported in -source 1.3
(try -source 1.5 to enable for-each loops)
            for (ConfigurationProvider provider : configurationProviders) {

I tried to look at the pom.xml files to see where 1.3 is specified, but I
didn't see it right off.

Anyway, I think we should branch XWork now for 2.0, set it to depend on JDK
1.5, and we should make SAF2 use the XWork 2.0 snapshots. If / when we get that
set up I've got a bunch of stuff to check in to start on the new / improved
XWork.