Staying on CVS is probably a smarter descision for now but...

You could convert the repo to SVN, create a 1.xx branch and then you
could import your local copy into the trunk.

Never tried it but in theory it would work.

Cheers,
  Eric

On 5/23/06, Jason Carreira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It also may be wasted work if there's an idea that
> the whole
> repository may be moving again (that is, to Apache)
> in 6 months.

Exactly, point #1.

> That said, I recall people generally saying that the
> SVN
> import-from-CVS tools work pretty well, and they also
> are able to
> preserve CVS history, addressing Rainer's question.
>  I haven't
> ctually done such an import myself.
>
> If Jason has a lot of uncommitted changes, it would
> probably make
> sense to let him commit them before migrating, if the
> migration is to
> go ahead.

Exactly, point #2.

But the problem is... If we're going to branch the old stuff, do I want to
check in my XWork 2.0 changes and then port to SVN, then have us try to branch
from a spot before I checked those in for 1.x?