I find two uses of action mappings in my applications. One loads data for view,
another writes data and then goes to a view. These views, I suppose, would
logically be "pages" if Struts were a page-based controller. But I do find this
kind of use-case always cropping into my apps, and one of my biggest problems
is that when I do a save or cancel, I have no automated stack that tells me
what my last logical view was.

So I'd like to propose allowing developers to mark actions as a page or a view
(and I have not finialized my nomenclature, so please help me word it better).
Then Struts can keep a running stack, at some N depth (maybe just 1), that
would allow me to always return to the previous view.

<action mapping .... page="true" />

In the Action class:
Action.findPreviousPageForward();

Thoughts, O comrades?