The restriction comes from the Java relection API semantics, not OGNL. A property can only have one type, so it makes sense that the getter and setter for a JavaBean property must agree on that type. Changing this would break compatibility with the JavaBean specification, at the least...

L.

Ian Roughley wrote:
I'd be up for lifting the restriction, but I also don't have access to the code.

/Ian

Bob Lee wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. What a silly restriction. Anybody up for
removing it? I don't have access to the OGNL source.

Bob