On 6/28/06, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Michael Jouravlev wrote:
> From webapp
> point of view, Command is as bad as Action. Meaning that HttpServlet
> has doGet() and doPost() and therefore forces people to think what
> kind of request they are processing and what method is better to use.

I suggest taking a look at WW... note how you can code your Actions to
not care about any of that.

If this "not caring about any of that" is anything like ASP.NET
coding, that this is not exactly true. Like, in ASP.NET there is a
well-defined lifecycle. But if you (well, me) wants to get rid of
POSTDATA situation, you need to call Response.redirect explicitly from
event handler. And in this case you (ahem, me) cannot use default
viewstate management. Of course, one could care less about that stuff
as many do and think that the framework indeed allows you "not care
about any of that".

If  you mean something different, maybe you can point to a particular
place/feature  of WW or chaper in the book? ;-)

Expand your
view though and the benefit becomes fairly obvious... a company that can
change from a web-based application to a fat client, or vice versa,
quickly and easily, without touching the "core" of the application, is
highly agile, and more likely to succeed.

Come on, how many companies do that? Nothing is more eternal than
temporary, or how do they say. In my friend's company they still use
Dbase 3 for DOS applications just because stuff works.

> Um, I have to think on this paragraph, I have not got it yet, but
> maybe I will get it later, after my head stop aching and I reread it
> couple more times :)

Yeah, definitely something to make sure you wrap your brain around... I
could see you taking what your doing and making it just a different
processing chain.  That would probably be the best of both worlds.

Do you mean by building DispatchCommand or DialogCommand? And then
slapping this command onto the chain... but I can replace Action as
well. Oh I see, Action is not an interface, but Command is. Always
keep forgetting this. I will think about it. Thanks!