On 6/30/06, Paul Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What does Clintoo do that standard ThreadLocal cannot? I am trying to
understand the benefit here of this package.

For one thing, it introduces funky syntax that I personally dislike. ;-)
Using '$' and '_' as method names isn't my idea of clarity in programming.

--
Martin Cooper

Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Yes, but we should let one framework
go first, and prove something
works in practices, before adopting something new in both

On 6/30/06, Don Brown  wrote:
> If Struts 1 decided to go with Cintoo, I think it would be good for
Struts 2 to
> adopt it as well, as it would make migration easier, and reduce the
number of
> differences between the two versions.  I'd like to take that approach
with other
> areas like validation and annotations in the future.

I might amend that to say if Struts 1 decides to go with Cllntoo, and
we ship a stable release or two with Clintoo, and we decide we really
like Cintoo, then, sure, we would want to consider it for Struts 2.x
as well. But, there's no reason to rush both frameworks to judgment.

Of course, we should try to stablize the feature set between s1 and
s2. We added wildcards to s2, and I'm sure we will find some other
things to add next month too.

At the same time, we should look for things we can backport to s1. One
thing Michael mentioned on the rough spots page was better POJO
support for s1.

* http://wiki.apache.org/struts/SAF1RoughSpots